What's m8 cable?
An M8 cable
refers to a cable terminated with an M8 connector. Similar to M12 connectors, M8 connectors are circular, threaded connectors used in various industrial applications. The "M8" designation is based on the 8mm locking thread diameter of the connector. These connectors are known for their compact size and are commonly used in situations where space is limited.
Key features of M8 cables include:
1. Connector Type: M8 connectors are circular connectors
with a threaded coupling mechanism, providing a secure and reliable connection. The connectors can have male or female pin configurations.
2. Number of Pins: M8 connector and cable assembly comes in various pin configurations such as male and female 3 4 5 6 8 pins. The number of pins depends on the specific requirements of the application, whether for power, signals, or data transmission.
3. Applications: M8 cables are often used in industrial automation, robotics, sensors, and other applications where a compact and reliable connection is needed. They are suitable for environments with space constraints.
4. Environmental Protection: Many M8 cable assemblies are designed to meet specific Ingress Protection (IP) ratings such as IP66 IP67 IP68 and IP69K, indicating their resistance to dust and water. This makes them suitable for use in challenging industrial environments.
5. Coding Types: Similar to M12 connectors, M8 connectors may have different coding types such as A-coding, B-coding and D-coding to prevent mismating. Coding ensures that connectors with different functions or intended for different purposes are not inadvertently connected.
6. Versatility: M8 cables find applications in various industries due to their versatility. They are commonly used in scenarios where smaller connectors are required, and they offer a reliable solution for connecting devices in tight spaces.
Typical applications of M8 cables include connecting sensors, actuators, small motors, and other devices in industrial automation and control systems. The compact size and robust design make M8 connectors suitable for use in environments with demanding conditions.